The purpose of the Kenilworth Distance Learning Program is to ensure the well-being of our students and continue to prepare them for the next level of study. Distance Learning provides students with tools to fill in learning gaps, extend learning beyond what is possible in a school setting, and provide a sense of connection and normalcy during this difficult time.
- Contact the school if you have any issues with internet access, computer access, or any technical issues that may prevent students from successfully completing work. We are here to help and don’t want to make this a stressful transition.
- Sign in to Success Portal and Google Classroom every day
- Follow the link provided below for a video to understand how to access the portal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzE6l6c7Lis
- Students will receive assignments in ELA, Math, Social Studies, Science and Ancillary on Google classroom, accessed through the Success Portal
- Students should expect to work for about 30-45 minutes per subject each day
- Parents are expected to check the Success Portal daily for announcements
- Students are encouraged to work on ALEKS 30 minutes daily
- Check your distance learning progress report on Success Portal
How can we support?
- Call our office @ 225-436-3581 if you are in need of anything (technology, communication, food, ….)
- You can check out a Chromebook if you are in need of a device
- Call Kenilworth Technology Help Hotline: 225-436-3459 if you are stuck with a tech problem
- Also, after you log in the success portal, you can
- Request one-on-one virtual tutoring from one of our support staff and/or City Year
- Request a counseling session
- Access all of your teachers’ contact information
- Send a request to meet your teacher virtually
- You have the option to opt into emergency meals for students delivered directly to your door. If you are interested in having five breakfast and five lunches delivered to your home on a weekly basis, then please complete this survey.
- You can also find a school meal site @ https://cnp.doe.louisiana.gov/ServingSites/ to pick up a meal if you like.
A sample daily schedule
|8:00 AM: Wake up and have breakfast
|9:00 AM-10:30 AM Academic time
|Login to Success Portal, check your assignments for the day
|Focus on ELA and Science
|10:30 AM-11:00 AM Break
|11:00 AM-11:30 AM Ancillary
|Art, Computer, Foreign Language
|11:30 AM-12:30 Lunchtime
|12:30 PM - 2:30 PM Academic Time
|Login to Success Portal
|Focus on Math and Social Studies
|2:30 PM - 2:30 PM Break
|2:30 PM - 3:00 PM ALEKS time
- Extra Resources for students are available within Success Portal -> Applications such as NewsELA, ALEKS, iXL, and STEMscopes to do extra work
- Our grading and promotion policy is designed for Kenilworth students. Your work during Distance Learning will play a role in promotion decisions unless you have a valid excuse
- Students with low performance in distance learning may be required to attend mandatory Summer School.